Forgiveness







"I forgive but I don't forget!" Has always been my mantra for life. But gradually I realised that forgiveness is the best gift you can ever give to someone for your mental peace. 








Me being a girl who was not so beautiful ( in the eyes of society) , I have been through a lot criticism, body shaming when I was a teenager. 
Be it school or any social gathering, even at family functions, it used to hurt me initially but then one day I decided not to bother at all and forgive! not just one person but all those people ( basically this society as a whole) who make women/girls doubt themselves.

I choose to forgive those like-minded people who are living in that orthodox era , because somewhere I realised it's not their fault , this is how the world is. 
No matter what you achieve, some people will always criticize. 

Maybe these people have been through the same situation at some point in their lives and that's why they chose to do the same with others too.
So instead of holding grudges for anyone it's better to forgive if they apologize. So yes I choose to forgive those toxic people in the hope that they might change for Good in future.


Truly said, that forgiveness is the best gift you give to others and to yourself.



Comments

  1. Exactly. This happens but we have the saying on this that person who forgives is bigger than a person who commits the crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just feel amazing to have a thought of forgiveness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said ...v should always keep our heart clean let them say whatever they want v should forgive them and move ahead y waste our time....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment